Installation Considerations and Final Notes
- By default, ColdFusion Express installation creates and adds three Web server mappings on your local machine:
/CFIDE reside under your Web root directory.
/CFUSION resides on your hard drive.
All three Web mappings are assigned read and execute permissions.
- If you don't find any ODBC drivers on your system, you will need to install the Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC) so that you can connect to the databases that CF Express supports.
Go to Start > Programs > ColdFusion Serve r> Install Microsoft Data Access
Go to the Microsoft Web site to download the latest versions.
- Allaire recommends not to install sample applications and documentation on production servers or servers that are available on the internet unless you secure the CFDOCS directory using standard Web security.
- To uninstall ColdFusion Express, click the Uninstall ColdFusion Express icon in your ColdFusion Express program group.
Where to go from here
- Move on to the next chapter for more details about how ColdFusion application pages are processed.
- Refer to the Release Notes to learn more about supported configurations, features, and enhancements.
- Contact Allaire Customer Service if ColdFusion Express does not install properly.