The TSG Radio Access (TSG-C) is responsible for the radio access part, including its internal structure, of systems based on 3GPP2 specifications.
Specifically, it has a responsibility for:
- requirements, functions and interfaces for cdma2000® and beyond Infrastructure and User Terminal Equipment;
- management of work items placed under its responsibility
- validation and verification of specification text it develops.
More specifically, TSG-C will address the following areas of work:
- Approved by the Steering Committee 25 February 2008 -
- Radio Layer 1 specifications;
- Radio Layer 2 specifications;
- Radio Layer 3 specifications;
- MS/BS radio performance specifications;
- Radio link protocol;
- Support for enhanced privacy, authentication and encryption;
- Digital Speech Codecs and related minimum performance specifications;
- Codec selection and specification of related services;
- Data and other ancillary services support;
- Conformance test plans;
- Removable User Identity Module (R-UIM);
- Location-based services support.