Form Variable Notes and Considerations
When using form variables, keep the following guidelines in mind:
- A form variable's scope is the action page.
- Prefix form variables with form when referencing them on the action page.
- Surround variable values with pound signs (#) for output.
- Text control form variables are always passed to the action page.
- Checkboxes and radio buttons are only passed to the action page if an option is selected.
- Checkboxes and radio buttons form variables generate errors on action pages if nothing is selected for the form controls.