Data Source Notes and Considerations
When adding data sources to ColdFusion Server, keep these guidelines in mind:
- Data source names should be all one word and begin with a letter.
- Data source names can contain only letters, numbers and the underscore.
- Data source names should not contain special characters.
- Data source names are not case-sensitive in a Windows enviroment, but you should use a consistent capitalization scheme.
- A data source must exist in the ColdFusion Administrator before you use it on an application page to retrieve data.