Building pages to add data is very much like building a search interface but there are some additional considerations:
- Database tables usually store required information and your users will receive errors if they don't enter that information.
- Database fields may require specific data types and your users will receive errors if they don't enter data in the appropriate format.
- You insert rather than select data during the action page query.
To accommodate these considerations, a Web front-end must:
To see what we mean, sample this
- Validate form field data so that the form variables will not pass to the action page with inappropriate data.
- Use the SQL INSERT statement within the action page query so that INSERT instructions are passed to the database.