The TSG Access Network Interfaces (TSG-A) is responsible for the specification of interfaces between
the radio access network and core network, as well as within the Access Network. TSG-A is also responsible for interworking between 3GPP2 technologies and with other radio access technologies.
Specifically, it has a responsibility for:
- radio access network interfaces;
- management of work items placed under its responsibility;
- validation and verification of specification text it develops.
More specifically, TSG-A will address the following areas of work:
- Approved by the Steering Committee 25 February 2008 -
- Physical links, transports and signaling;
- Support for access network mobility;
- 3G capability (e.g., high speed data support, VoIP, Multimedia);
- Beyond 3G capability;
- Abis interface;
- Inter-operability specification;
- Support for 3GPP2 radio access technologies;
- Support for interworking with non-3GPP2 radio access technologies.